Eating vegetables can be difficult for some people to stomach. They would rather get their nutrients that they may need from other food groups rather than from vegetables. Even though many doctors and nutritionists constantly inform the public about the vegetable nutrition facts, it seems that it is just not enough to convince them to regularly include vegetables in their daily diet.
It has been noted that less than 25% of the population in America include the right portion amount of vegetables each day.
Aside from cancer, below are just some of the common illnesses that people in the U.S acquire due to the lack of proper nutrients that come from vegetables:
- Diabetes. Most obese people in the U.S are affected by some type of diabetes. One of the reasons why they get diabetes, is due to the lack of fiber in the body, which helps to stabilize the body’s sugar level and help keep down their cholesterol level as well.
- High blood pressure. Daily life in America can be stressful, perhaps that is why they also follow the fast, yet unhealthy way of eating. Their meals include foods that are very good increasing a person’s high blood pressure. High blood pressure is among the leading illness in the U.S. causing heart disease and strokes.
- Heart Disease. High on the list of causes of death and one of the most popular illnesses in the United States due to lack of a proper diet and vegetables.
- Birth Defects. Pregnant woman are highly recommended to consume food that are rich in folic acid, an important nutrient that prevents birth defects. Unfortunately, some of them are not vegetable-eaters and some vegetables are rich in folic acid.
- Osteoporosis. Not only calcium, but also potassium and magnesium are essential in building healthy bones. It means that not only milk, but vegetables as well are vital in keeping your bones healthy to prevent osteoporosis when you grow old.
By eating vegetables and by knowing some of these vegetable nutrition facts, people can certainly reduce the risk of having the aforementioned illnesses at around 25%. Health insurances have claimed that they spend billion of dollars with these kinds of illnesses and most of these illnesses are due to an incorrect diet that excludes the right daily serving of vegetables.
Everyone must be aware of the nutrients brought by vegetables. They are undoubtedly low in fat and that alone is a healthy step to good health. They are also rich in fiber that removes toxins in your body, improve digestive problems, and lowers blood pressure. Vitamin A, potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin E, and a few more vitamins and minerals acquired from eating vegetables which generally keep you healthy and allow you to live a longer life.
Article Source: Sean Jordan. With a lifelong passion for health, I enjoy sharing my personal experiences with diet and exercise. I also enjoy reviewing products, enjoy my latest reviews on what you need to know about which standing coat rack to choose, and purchasing a wall key holder for your home.