Your waist hip ratio helps you determine your overall health risk. Abdominal obesity is one of the important Insulin Resistance Symptoms
People with excess weight around their waist, face more health risks than those carrying it around their hips. It is a simple and useful measure of weight related health risk.
Measure your waist and hips
- For hips, at the widest part for both males and females
- Waist – for females it’s the narrowest point, for males at the belly button.
Waist Hip Ratio Calculator*
Change the default values to your own and click on “Calculate” to determine your ratio (WHR).
- 0.95 or below – Low Risk
- 0.96 to 1.0 – Moderate Risk
- 1.0 or higher – High Risk
- 0.80 or below – Low Risk
- 0.81 to 0.85 – Moderate Risk
- 0.85 or greater – High Risk